The Mission to Seafarers views the safety of the participants as of the utmost priority and will take the following measures to ensure that the competitors are safe throughout the challenge experience.
There will be a mandatory briefing on the first day, which will go through all the safety measures in place, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Each team is required to carry a tracker at all times while on the course (trackers will be provided onsite at the race start by the MtS race team). The tracker automatically communicates with the MtS race team every five minutes with the precise GPS location of the team and features a “help” button should the team require assistance.
- There will be stewards placed strategically along the trail to provide assistance, if needed.
- A medical team and vehicle will be in the vicinity for support and in case of emergencies. In the case of a serious emergency, the Izu emergency services will be notified.
- Each team member must also equip themselves with a number of mandatory items as a minimum safety standard. See MANDATORY GEAR section for details.
- A detailed safety plan has been created by the race team organisers, to identify risks, and put in place contingency planning for weather conditions, accidents and extractions if necessary.